Friday, December 15, 2017

Good and Better

Yesterday started off well enough. The MOD-Q newsletter popped into my email inbox, and there was my Follow the Dots quilt in the Quilt Stories: Headline News feature. Editor Helen Butcher of the Quilters' Guild of theBritish Isles, had written a while back asking if she could include it, so I knew about it, but it was still a fun surprise to see in my feed.



And then things went uphill from there, when I got notification that Follow the Dots had made it into 2018 QuiltCon in the Small Quilts category. Oh yeah. I would have loved if our guild quilt had gotten in but that didn't happen. With over 1430 quilts submitted and room for 360, it is what it is. Honestly, I'm thrilled to have even one in the show.

QuiltCon

A bonus was hearing that my Bee Sewcial beemate Felicity/@felicityquilts had her #felicityquiltswinter accepted! It's a group quilt, made in collaboration with the 2015 #beesewcial women @shecanquilt@marci_girl@spontaneousthreads,
@quiltsforthemaking@weshallsew@spontaneousthreads@entropyalwayswins, @diane_stanley_sews, and myself. Considering I wasn't there when my own Bee Sewcial quilt, Mod Mood, was in the show, I'm hoping to get in on the group photo with Felicity and her "Winter."

So back to Instragram to scroll through and see what got in and what didn't. They are all equally inspiring!

10 comments:

  1. It’s fun to see all of the beautiful quilts again, both those that made it into the show and those that didn’t. Can’t wait to see yours in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing this in person! It sounds like yesterday was a very full day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I am so excited to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad this one made it in! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!
    Will that be a trip to Pasadena too?
    February would be a good time to go.

    ReplyDelete