Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Improv Colorwash

The prompt Karen/@capitolaquilter chose for Bee Sewcial  this month is "Improv Colorwash". Karen will execute the colorwash once she receives all of our blocks, while our assignment now is to make a collection of 6" and 3.25" improvisational blocks, using three colors from her palette in each one.


Sorry about the bad-lighting photo... The darkest pieces used in my blocks are purple - what a fun mix with the lilac, royal blue, lime, red, and yellow. To say these blocks were fun to dive into is an understatement. Considering I've been sewing with patterns the last several weeks, it was a relief to be doing some improv. Ie. just what I needed! 

Do you have a favorite? I think mine is the one with the lime stripes on the left.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is going to be really interesting to see how it comes together for Karen. I agree that the green stripes on the left is a very appealing block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the black is really dark purple! Great piecing and color adventure. I'm excited to see how the color wash quilt will finally go together

    ReplyDelete
  3. The middle one on the right in red and purple. But they are all great! xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im anxious to see the effect when she puts this together! I think my favorite is the top right, yellow block with the green... but they are all terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I know what colorwashing is so I am interested to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I see you making improv blocks, I just wanna drop everything and make them too! These are all so very interesting. What an unusual request (I think). I'm fascinated to see what all the blocks look like together, and how Karen will arrange them. I think I can safely say it's gonna turn out pretty awesome-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be one really cool quilt when all the blocks come together. I love all of yours, but I think my favourite is the one on the bottom right - with the yellow and royal blue.

    ReplyDelete