Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Summer Sampler 2020 :: Midsummer

This week's Summer Sampler block was designed by Megan/Canoe Ridge Creations and isn't the name, Midsummer, just perfect? Here in the Pacific Northwest, we're having some lovely summer days, and just drinking them in.


Unfortunately, I, um, didn't completely follow directions, so at first I considered my pinwheels as going backwards. But then Katy pointed out it all depends on the way the wind is blowing. That made me feel so much better. So my block isn't exactly like the designer's but still nice of course.

AND I've come to a realization.... After a long-time issue with sewing accurate flying geese, I've had much better luck when I pressed their seams open. Considering I've been a 'to-the-dark-side' presser for decades, here's one situation where I've definitely changed my ways.


Meanwhile, we're just past halfway through the sewalong, and I'm pretty darn happy where I'm headed.

Week 1: Trellis     Week 2: Infinite Pinwheel
Week 3: Lakeside     Week 4: Tide Pool
Week 5: Brae     Week 6: Convergence
Week 7: Diverge   Week 8: Direction

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks look wonderful together. And wow, great to know that pressing seams open for flying geese make such a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great block and they all look terrific together. can't wait to see what the setting plan is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent piecing! Sampler blocks are an adventure aren't they?
    Good so far and more to come.

    ReplyDelete