Wednesday, July 1, 2020

May & June Fabric Usage

Well I almost had a record for fabric usage in May, but was about 1/2 yard shy of February. Still, it was a good month. The bulk of my usage went into the very scrappy Let It Be, and then the even more scrappy Plaid-ish2 quilt top. That's alot of scraps, yet miraculously I still have baskets-full left!

All of what I brought in was for the Summer Sampler - what you see below - plus a few prints that I'd chosen from stash, but didn't have quite enough of. Unfortunately, the two solid greens shown below weren't a good fit for my fabric pull, but that's ok. They can sit safely in the stash until their time to shine.


Meanwhile, here are my stats for May:

May Fabric Usage
Used up: 22.24 yards
Brought in: 7.5 yards
Net: -14.74 yards
Year to date: -57.44 yards

And then there was June. It was my lowest month of intake so far. I was especially tempted by that "Crossed" on the left below. It's a 100% cotton woven with amazing texture that I can't wait to cut into. I chose a couple of additional pieces to add to the gold and brown stack I've been building since April. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with them yet, but I'm anxiously listening for the inspiration to speak.


With a big pieced backing for my Plaid-ish2, the Stacks quilts, and the newly-finished Split Segments, it was a respectable month for fabric usage. Here are my June stats:

June Fabric Usage
Used up: 16.38 yards
Brought in: 2.5 yards
Net: -13.88 yards
Year to date: -71.315 yards

Half-way through the year with a net usage of over 70 yards feels good! And mind-boggling!

4 comments:

  1. I don't track my yardage but it's one of my favorite blogger posts. The last couple of months I've made quite a few masks so for once I would be in the negative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're so organized! Good record keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I can't imagine how much time it would take to START tracking fabric usage. Oh my... calculating all the cut pieces that comprise my stash. I can tell by how well the fabrics fit onto their shelves if it's going out! :-) And I wouldn't have much to figure coming in! I am doing very well in that regard. My mantra is "If it isn't needed for a project, don't buy it," and pandemic making has made it even more so. You keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I always say this but i wish i was keeping track. good for you!

    ReplyDelete