Thursday, October 14, 2021

Pincushions Sampler

So this was a pretty unique Dropcloth sampler. First, it was actually two small samplers in one.


And though they were designed to each become a pyramid-shaped pincushion, I made one into a pincushion, and the other into a simple little needle book.



Isn't the pyramid shape cute? One embroidered rectangle was about 3" x 6" before it was sewn into the pyramid, so you can imagine how petite it is.


I 'lined' the needle book with some natural Essex linen, stitching right-sides together, turning, and hand-stitching closed. 


Then I centered a rectangle of soft yellow wool felt inside, and just stitched down the center. Unfortunately, I already sewed it all up before realizing I was out of small snaps, so that'll come another day. Otherwise, I could have added some ties or another form of closure.



So making something out of my stitched samplers was a nice change of pace, and I'm mulling over how to do more of that!


8 comments:

  1. The pyramid shape is very cute and I love how they work as a set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love the embroidery and colors. Making something small and useful is a great idea, you can keep them close at hand and the colors are energizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and your embroidery is outstanding. love the little needle book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! and Lovely! Cheerful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable way to make use of your charming samplers! Both are such good ideas. Since I've never bought a dropcloth sampler, I'm curious... do you choose the colors you want to use? Do you choose the stitches you want to include too? I could see two of these also being used to sew a zipper pouch - one sampler for each side. In any case, I love the colors you're stitching with. Bright. Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! Such a great idea.
    Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the embroidery! Very cute! With a red poinsetta design and green pine needles...or holly they would make very cute Christmas ornaments. just add a string hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so, so pretty!! I would be afraid to use them :)! Love what you made - enjoy these lovelies.

    ReplyDelete