Monday, October 18, 2021

The Red Stripe Sampler Pear Pouch

After making my latest Dropcloth Sampler, into both a tiny pincushion and a needle book, I kind of wanted to sew another of my finished samplers into something. And it came to me that my Red Stripe Sampler might work made up as a Pear Pouch, a free tutorial by Sarah Kirsten with wonderfully neat French seams.

It took a little figuring and adapting, and my calculations weren't quite spot on, but definitely close enough for me to be pleased with the result.

The finished pouch measures 6" x 7.75", and I chose not to box the bottom corners, otherwise I would have lost some of that embroidery. Another tweak I needed to make to use the metal zipper I had on hand (perfect color!), was to remove some of its teeth. Luckily, I have a tutorial for that! (see #3) Worked like a charm, and of course now I'm thinking what else can I do with my stitched up samplers?

7 comments:

  1. The zipper and lining match the sampler so well. I like that one finish inspired another and I look forward to seeing what else the samplers evolve into becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, zipper pouches are extremely useful. And your embellishment is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect use of your beautiful stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery is just beautiful, and amazes me at how exact all those stitches are. Love what you made with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you are doing with these projects that use your beautiful embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, it must feel very good in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had that panel for years, I need to get on it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete