Monday, October 25, 2021

Snowflake Sampler :: Flower Pot

Right off, I'll admit that this month's Snowflake Sampler block was supposed to be a coffee pot, but I decided to change it up a bit and instead, made a "Flower Pot." I kept the block size the same - 21" x 21", and used the same stitches, just altering the design into a diamond.


That way, I actually was able to place five flowers in the center, rather than the originally intended three, and I liked that.


I feel just a little naughty for forgoing the proposed design, but I think this will suit my desired finished project better. Plus, it was fun to kind of make things my own.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and stitching! I like how the embroidery gives texture and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rules were made to be broken! beautiful block

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that making the choice for a change to make the design suit your desired finish project makes a lot of sense (as a non coffee drinker, the block would have been a stumper for me, too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way it is a cross design. Nice. I think Grandma Jeske would be right there stitching with you--changing it to suit her own design. She would love this! :)
    +
    +++
    +

    ReplyDelete