Saturday, November 20, 2021

Seattle MQG Giving Quilt

When the call went out that there were some Seattle MQG giving quilts that needed quilted and bound, I stepped right up to finish the smallest of the bunch. I didn't even know what it looked like, but the size (46" square) felt manageable to fit in amongst my other projects.


It just so happened to be a rail fence quilt top, with blocks made by my guildmates in 2019. [Random: The rail fence giving blocks I made at that time were actually used in another quilt which has already been donated.] I was given batting, backing, and binding fabric along with the quilt top, so it was easy to baste it up and get right to quilting. I did a simple three-way grid, and then on to binding.


For years, our Seattle MQG quilt labels have been screen-printed by Dionne Matthies-Buban, and I think they add the perfect finishing touch.

5 comments:

  1. Great finish and that's a cheerful design, I think it will brighten someone's day.
    Giving quilts is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you to generously donate your time to layer, baste, quilt, and bind a quilt for your MQG chapter. Quilters are so giving of their time, and you're among them. On behalf of all of us, thank you for this! You do us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! someone will be so thankful to receive it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have the screen printed labels. The quilting is the perfect compliment to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the quilt! I hope it will give someone comfort and warmth. xo

    ReplyDelete