Friday, November 12, 2021

Heart Ornament Sampler

Should I wait until my heart ornaments are completely done to show you my latest Dropcloth Sampler finish? Probably. But that could be a while, and I'm pretty pleased that the stitching is done at least. But don't worry. You'll see them again one day soonish.

Again, this sampler was stitched with #8 Wonderfil perle cotton, mostly from my Picnic collection. It was fun to have four small designs to stitch, each with their own palette. Simple stitches, choosing thread colors as I stitch along, is my modus operandi. 


Truth is, I'm still deciding how I want to finish these off. Dropcloth's Rebecca Ringquist shared some ideas in a recent Christmas Ornament chat, and I'm still mulling over my options.


So do you have a favorite amongst my hearts??

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, they are all fun and evoke different thoughts for me, but the top spot is vying between the star burst and the basket weave. Do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. still loving the star one the best I think.... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Christmas ornaments, the embroidery is beautiful adds texture and sparkle!
    Good idea to get started on them now.

    ReplyDelete