Monday, September 13, 2021

Picnic

Oh this was a fun one! My ninth Dropcloth sampler, I know when I finished my last one, Paisley, I said I thought that would be it for a while; and in a way, considering it was three months ago, it was. I had no idea the Picnic Stitch Along was in my future, but it came at a perfect time. 

Begun on August 22, Picnic took just about three weeks to stitch, with a little stitching done nearly every evening. It even went on a couple of day trips, and it felt good to take my stitching out and about for a change. It had been a long time since I'd done that.

Unlike any of my previous samplers, I used a pre-chosen selection of #8 Wonderfil perle cotton, a delightful collection chosen by Rebecca Ringquist herself. That in itself was a fun change of pace. They were all variegated threads, which I have come to love. The design itself was about 8" square, and just four key stitches were used - the backstitch, straight stitch, French knots; and finally, some couching to finish it off. 

Oh and here's a picture of the back, for those that like such things. Can't say I worried much about that... ha.


Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed stitching Picnic! Kinda sad it's done, and seeing that Rebecca has some new sampler designs coming out this fall, I highly doubt it will be my last.

8 comments:

  1. What are your thoughts about the color / green after having spent 3 weeks working with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are fabulous - I love how the variegated thread goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet embroidery and colors! Great finish Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy! What will you do with all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad for you to have participated in this along. Picnic is really a pretty design, and I enjoyed seeing everyone's interpretations as I followed the hashtag on Instagram. You DO have a lovely assortment of variegated threads. I'd like to do another stitchery, but am wondering about designing my own. Perhaps doodle some graffiti-style free motion quilting? Turn that into a design to stitch on linen? I fully intend to pursue that idea, probably in November, as after seeing what Rebecca comes up with, my mind is full of all the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this very much!!
    Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's great, just like all the others. you can tell these have brought you a lot of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your creation! Lovely varigated threads! Inspiring me to take up some embroidery after I finsih a couple other projects.
    Blessings...as you stitch on!

    ReplyDelete