Wednesday, May 4, 2022

April Fabric Usage

It's been a good fabric-usage month! I mostly owe that to finishing up my Connections quilt, all the prep for my Kantha quilt in-progress, and the start of a baby quilt that will be finished in a few days. AND, I brought in absolutely no yardage. I did, though, rearrange some of my stash in anticipation for spending the fabric shop gift card my coworkers gifted me when I retired last month.

Until last week, my colored solid stash was squeezed into just two cubbies - warm and cool colors. But since expanding my solids is the direction I'm headed, I combined some print fabrics (not pictured) to make a little more room for the solids. I also spent the gift card a couple of days ago, so expect May's numbers to be, let's say....interesting. 

I got a lot of good advice on how to go about spending my gift, so I'll share that in a future post. But meanwhile, here's my current stats.

April Fabric Usage
Used up: 17.44 yards
Brought in: 0 yards 
Net: -17.44 yards

Net Year to date: -37.002 yards
Total Year to date: -51.752 yards

5 comments:

  1. Impressive record keeping. It's good to have that practice, then you know about what you need for a maybe project. Keeping finances under control is a good goal I need to practice more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful stash! enjoy your gifted fabric and don't worry about the numbers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was smart to rearrange prior to spending the gift card. I hope it also helped you have an idea of the colors you would be looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all that new space you will enjoy your new "precious(es)" even more ;) And great work for April! I neither used nor bought something - well, maybe the latter counts for something ;)) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to see how you're getting yourself organized for your "new life." I admire you for making no fabric purchases. It will be fun to see how your cubbies look after you've added your newest solid acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete