Friday, May 6, 2022

The Baby Hannah Quilt

When I wanted to make a baby quilt for a friend recently, Erica/@kitchentablequilting had just released her Hannah Quilt pattern, and I was pretty sure I could make good use of my original Cotton + Steel stash for just such a little quilt. 


I went for a scrappy version, with the amount of each fabric totally dictated by what I had on hand. So there's a little more of one color than another, but I think it works. The block backgrounds are also scrappy; and two, in fact, are in ivory solid, since I ran out of workable C+S prints that would work. 

For quilting, I started out with a simple grid, then went back and quilted diagonals in one direction, skipping every other row. I thought that added a little interest without quilting it too densely.

The baby size of the Hannah quilt ended up at 36" x 48", and I did wash it up before sending it off. I tried several times to get good photos of it, but the weather, light, or whatever wasn't being too cooperative. Even so, small and sweet, it was a fun little detour from the larger projects in the works.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure the quilt will be appreciated and loved. The quilting density seems just right, and I like the additional shapes it introduced into the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty quilt - and the perfect size to cuddle with. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet little quilt! I know it will be well loved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is a happy, sweet quilt! Great finish! It will make a little girl happy.

    ReplyDelete