So I left off sharing the front and back of my scrappy strings quilt, and after a couple weeks of hand-quilting, I have a finish!
For quilting, I used two WonderFil threads - primarily Spagetti 12wt SP101 – Ecru, with SP35 – Coral for the occasional accent.
Even though I hand-quilted in my early quilting days, big-stitch quilting is still not my comfort zone, and I had trouble getting stitches straight or even the same size from one section to the next.


Here's the back, all quilted up!
Once quilted, I trimmed and bound the little (25" x 26") quilt in black, and am relieved to have finished it. I still love the palette, and am happy to have this fourth quilt made primarily from the scrap basket. That part feels especially good.







It’s great! Laura
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Laura!!
DeleteI think your big stitch quilting looks lovely and that part of the beauty is in seeing the "hand of the maker" so to speak and from that knowing it was done by hand. Thanks for the bevy of texture photographs here. Do you have thoughts for how this quilt will be used (hopefully in a way that texture can be touched and appreciated!)?
ReplyDelete