Wednesday, October 5, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

W.i.P. Wednesday snuck up on me this week. Going out of town for the weekend was fun, but didn't help the sewing cause!

Completed projects
Shades of Grey  - This little quilt was really fun to make and was easy to take on the road to bind and finish. {more here, including a pic of the pieced back}

Ongoing projects
Cappuccino Bali Pop Quilt - Basting didn't go as planned last week, but at least the top is done, batt measured out, backing pieced, binding made, and some lovely variegated thread ready to go.

Swoon quilt with Terrain - Unfortunately no progress here. sigh.

Dead Simple Quilt Along with Lily's Quilts - No progress here either. The qa was put on hold for a bit.

Wrenly HST quilt started in Katie's class - I put the blocks on the end of the ironing board, so I press a few every time I turn the iron on. Not sure what I'll do for sure, but threw some up on the design wall just to get a feel for what I've got.

Upcoming projects
* Pretty {little} Pouch Swap project. 
* October do.Good Stitches blocks - two Raggedy Bullseye blocks NEW
* Stash quilt - zig zag quilt
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3.

Be sure and check in at Freshly Pieced to see lots of other great w.i.p.s! You'll be glad you did! 

10 comments:

  1. That is a cute zigzag!
    I like your idea to keep pieces to iron ready for when you are ready to iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zigzags are so pretty! And your shades of grey quilt looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the variagated thread, also you know I love HSTs! They look great in a zigzag pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the look of your zigzags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debbie! The Shades of Grey is beautiful! The zig zags are going to be lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt, as you know. I know I am going to love the cappuccino quilt and the hsts are wonderful. It was Katie's hsts that lured me into quilting in the first place, you are lucky to be able to take a class from her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Shades of Grey - I bet it was a good stitching project on your car trip. (I used to live in eastern Washington - they really are two different states!) And that's a great idea to press HST as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the layout of your HST blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the different photos of your Shades of Grey! And I'm really liking what you've got started on your HSTs. That fabric line is so pretty, and I love a good zigzag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to do a little bit of pressing at a time when you turn on the iron! Everything looks beautiful Debbie!

    ReplyDelete