Saturday, June 4, 2011

Giddy

It was late last night when I finally got to my sewing room. My freshly tuned sewing machine was waiting, all shiny. Seriously. I was giddy. I dropped pins. I spilt water filling the iron. I honestly was so excited to have my machine back and a couple of hours to spend sewing. It felt something like relief. I finished piecing Just Swell, and basted her up.
This morning, I snuck down before the day really got going, and quilted her. Progress.
When the mail came today, it brought something I'd anxiously been waiting for!
I must say, the Shades of Grey I won from Daisy Janie really are beautiful. They have a sheen of sorts, a texture unique to organic fabrics, I'm thinking. Really nice, and I'm thrilled to add them to my stash.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely can not wait to see what fabulous thing you create with that awesome grey fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad your machine is home safe and sound. I too am interested to see what becomes of the cool grey fabric!

    ReplyDelete