Wednesday, February 8, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P. Wednesday is here again . . . I've sure had fun with my current projects . . .

Completed projects
Modern Blocks bee - the February block for Alix is Boxed In by Faith Jones. Pretty fun in Malka Dubrawsky's new line of fabric.
Modern Blocks Bee - February block

Ongoing projects
Hometown "Wild Thing" - The top is done! In fact, backing is pieced too, and the whole thing is basted up! Please - if you have quilting ideas, I'd love to hear them - hope to start quilting this yet this week!

Solstice Stars Series - The third star is done! These have been really fun!

For the Love of Solids Swap - I must say, I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this project! I had an idea pretty early on, and am loving how it's turning out! After oodles of encouragement on flickr, I started quilting with variegated thread (King Tut Joseph's Coat).

Sparkle QAL - No progress - hopefully this weekend!

Upcoming projects  
* scrappy Metrolink NEW
* a zip pouch w/o zipper tabs - want to know this way too NEW
* Modern Crosses quilt - just because NEW
Scrappy Depression Blocks - I have a plan and fabric chosen to execute a finished top!
* do.Good Stitches February blocks - We'll be making three baby quilts using Blue Elephant Stitches' Granny Square Quilt Block Tutorial. Kind of excited to try these.
* A Christmas quilt to coordinate with my tree skirt
* "On a Whim
* Table runner for my cousin 
* Pattern for Mango 
* A light box
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3


Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

18 comments:

  1. Love all your projects this week, especially the love of solids swap. Sorry I can't help you with quilting ideas, I can't come up with any for my own quilts either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild thing is looking great! And I can't wait to see more of your solids quilt, it looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects Debbie! Love that your are using variegated thread in your solids quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in your solids project. Are you leaning toward a certain quilting for the "hometown" quilt? That's a hard one - wish I had a good idea for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks wonderful! I agree with the others, the variegated thread looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Love the quilting and the fabric colors in your solids project, so so fabulous. As for the quilting on the whirly gigs, I tend to play it safe and go for an allover meandering stipple, or FMQ loopy quilting, not very outside the box, I know :-) I'm sure no matter what you decide it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all those projects! I am glad you went with the colourful thread and I would be inclined to do an all over quilting pattern on that lovely quilt. Maybe it is time to try one you have not done before?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had joined the solds swap just to be in with a chance of receiving that quilt, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, you're going to do Metrolink?? I've always loved that pattern.

    Quilting on Wild Thing, that's tricky, hey? How is it show quilted on the pattern? I don't remember.

    And the FTLOS quilt. Awesome. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the quilting on the ftlos quilt is awesome, but i have already told you that. you needed to hear it again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects this week, Debbie! No advice on quilting the Wild Thing...maybe you should attempt a stipple? Or pick out one of the "wild things" and echo it? Yeah, not much help. Your FTLOS is going to be a stunner, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's some awesome stuff going on in your sewing room! Can't wait to see the solid quilt finished. The peek is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. adore the modern bee block - that malka fabric is just fantastic and love how you've coralled it with the grey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also love the modern bee block -- can I ask what the guidelines are for that bee? It's a great color & shape combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That solids quilt is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your solids swap looks very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete