Using one of Faith's suggested layouts, I hooked them up with two coordinating solids: Marcus Fabrics Royal and KONA Zucchini. Though a little nervous about my choices at first, it was soon evident, to me anyway, that they were just right for the look I was after.
So piecing was quite easy, and before I knew it, I was quilting. I'm usually a one-direction-straight-liner, but with so much solid fabric, I decided to stretch a bit. (Plus I'm so impressed when I see different kinds of quilting in a quilt, so this is my beginning stab at that.) So it's horizontal in the blue and vertical in the yellow-green. Then in the white I did one big zig-zag down the blocks, and then echoed from there, the stitching throughout at 1" apart.
Carla and Kelli came close.
Measuring at 48" x 60", naming this one was a bit of a struggle. It doesn't seem fair to call it a Solstice Stars quilt, since I only used four of the series stars, subbing in a Quattro Stagioni Star for one of them. But today IS the summer Solstice, after all, as Toni so kindly reminded me. So I'm thinking The Stars of Summer is a good compromise.
Thanks to my mom for sharing her lovely garden, and assisting with my photo shoot . . .