Friday, July 27, 2012

Triple-Zip Pouch

There is a tutorial half-written, that hopefully you will see one day soon. I was well on my way to sharing it today, but you all know how life happens. And it did. So instead, I'll keep working on it and test it out a bit, and for today, I'll just share the result - my newest zip pouch.
It all started when a friend brought me a pouch from her trip to Hawaii. It's an awesome blue with sea turtles swimming all over it, and it's perfect storage for my rotary cutters and blades and such. Anyway, she handed it to me, saying five little words: "Here's a challenge for you!" Challenge indeed! This zippy has 3(!) zippers. I hate to say that the gifted pouch has been sitting on my work table for a while . . . waiting. And what better occasion to give it a go than my friend's birthday this week. 
It wasn't really the zippers that scared me. It was the linings. It was a mind-bender figuring out how it all went together, and well, how it worked . . . But surprisingly, once I started measuring and cutting and stitching, it only took me a couple of hours to make it happen.
Next challenge?

Linking up with sew & tell and Fabric Tuesday.

28 comments:

  1. Oh, I admire your skill and ingenuity! This is an amazing pouch! And to think you are going to share it all with us! Love the Echo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous pouch - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! If you get an inset circle done by Tuesday you can link up to a giveaway on my blog. Right enough, you'll only win a pouch that can hold an embroidery hoop, so you might not want to lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it`s great and a more challenging zippy pouch tute would be very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those fabrics, Debbie. You did an awesome job with this. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, looking forward to the tutorial!
    I love the blue fabrics, and the red it the perfect accent - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bag! Can't wait for the tutorial. (no pressure!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bag! I have barely conquered the one zip bag yet myself! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I am looking forward to the tutorial - so glad you figured it all out so I won't have to! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the best, I will look forward to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! I'm looking forward to the tutorial very much. I don't know if my mind could bend the way yours did to figure that all out, so I'm glad you've done the work for the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome and clever. What a fun pouch---and so many possibilities--add a short strap and it's a little purse. Hmmm. Thanks for sharing. I'll look forward to your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so clever! I don't have the brain power to figure that out. I'm glad you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that looks so cool! I'll be looking out for that tutorial =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE!!! I'm glad you're putting together a tutorial, because I just can't wrap my head around those linings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this design, and your finished pouch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic pouch, Debbie! I e en have some Echo calling to me to be used in something fun. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Smarty pants ; ) it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aren't you clever? The pouch looks fabulous! Doesn't it feel good to figure it out?

    ReplyDelete
  20. very cute - i agree that the liners are mind-boggling! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great little pouch, with so many possible uses! I'll be waiting for that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a neat pouch. It's insane how you did the liners. I'd say I'll be waiting for a tutorial like the others but I never can do pouches or purses so I'll be content to love what you create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can't wait for the tutorial! My brain hurts when I try to make it go 3-D! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I missed seeing this one - love it!! The multiple zips are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your 3-zip pouch. Going to try it. Wish me luck!! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  26. THIS is amazing! Do you think the pattern could easily be enlarged?

    ReplyDelete