Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Merry

Yup, this stocking for hubby was begun with every intention for Christmas 2012, but considering I just completed it, I'll consider it my first finish for Christmas 2013. The zig-zag design was straight from Camille Roskelley's Merry. I did tweak the overall shape, so it's more like imagine gnat's falling flakes.
I love the unconventional blue and gray color scheme, based on the O' Tinsel Tree Snowflake Dots, which also happens to back the stocking. Quilting was a basic diagonal at unevenly spaced intervals.

What a relief to have this done, especially since this project is on my 2013 Finish-A-Long, Q1 list!

11 comments:

  1. Looks great Debbie. I too love the unexpected blue/gray colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your honey will love it for Christmas 2013!! And you get to cross this off your list. Win-win. I like the color scheme and chevron pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stocking -- not unconventional colors for christmas here my MIL does the same blue and silver tree every year (shrink wraps it and everything) This would be a welcome addition to her home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! New stockings for everyone will definitely be on my to do list this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! My goal is to get some stockings made this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your finish! It will look so good at Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, perfect for your hubby. Did he like it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks fantastic. And, it's never too early to start Christmas sewing,right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous - love the colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job! Very Joeske! He is so blessed to have you creating such wonderful things for him--as well as other family and friends. Loved the heart purse, Quiet Book and other amazing projects you've done lately. Wow--wish I had your energy. Work full time and quilt full time! Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete