Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Two in One

When Svetlana/s.o.t.a.k handmade put out a call for testers for her first pattern, I couldn't resist but volunteer. Here's my Two in One pouch!
Svetlana wrote an easy-to-follow, fat-quarter friendly pattern for a pouch unlike anything I'd made before. Isn't it fun? Even the zips went in super easy. Wouldn't you know I didn't get a good photo of my favorite detail - the bottom, just 1/2" wide finished, was a perfect venue for a fussy-cut accent piece. You can barely see in the bottom-left photo above that the bottom is the same as the inside fabric, with a cute, straight line of gold x's. When it came time to do the last little step - stitch along the bottom of the pouch, I chose to stitch on either side of that strip. The pouch still folds closed really nicely, so my tweak didn't seem to change that.

After swapping away my first pouch at the SMQG retreat last weekend, I wanted to make another, this time quilting the exterior. I used matching thread, which you can't see very well, but it has a nice feel and is a nice variation.
Another detail I treated differently was the zips. Totally because I didn't have pairs of zippers in the same colors, I opted for 2 coordinating ones, a feature I actually really like.

Do go check out Svetlana's reveal post from yesterday. Her testers made a really sweet collection of pouches, personalized in a variety of clever ways. Oh, and the pouches I made were 'large' ones, measuring 4.5” x 8.25” x 1"', but there is also a small version included in the pattern as well, 3.5” x 5.5” x 1”. The pattern is available on etsy. My guess is you'll enjoy making these as much as I have.

12 comments:

  1. I love those! I think I need one for my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! especially your second one. think I'll have to make a few...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and you need to fix your last link to the pattern... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Yep, I think I need that pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous little bag! I'm going to have to check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your pouches look beautiful Debbie. Love all the little details you added. Thanks for testing this pattern for me, I really appreciate all your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're beautiful. Will definitely check her pattern out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so buying this pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute, I think I need to get the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love these. Will definitely buy this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a good pattern to have. I'm off to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the two you made are by far my favorites a! Love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete