Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fresh Sewing Day

I thought September was fairly under-whelming, but I feel like October doesn't have much to show for itself either. But I did finish 1 quilt, the largest Postcard Quilt to date, a joint project with FAITH Circle of do.Good Stitches.

And I made some really fun hexagon potholders, and I am pretty sure I'll be making even more. All of these were sewn right out of my scrap basket, which felt really good.


Bee blocks were pretty low-key, and I especially enjoyed those maple leaf blocks.

And lastly, I made a garment, my first in a very long time. It was a Julia Cardigan, and it turned out nice enough - beautiful fabric, I just chose the wrong pattern size. But daughter dear will certainly put it to good use, so all is well.

So that's that. There were a few gifty items that I'll show off once they've been received, but until then, we'll call it a wrap.

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts.

13 comments:

  1. I love your hexi-potholders. Thanks for the link: I've bookmarked the tutorial, so I shall be making some soon too, maybe even in time for Christmas presents.
    Your post card quilt is pretty too, and will brighten up someone's life. I've never seen a postcard quilt close too, so I shall have to check the Internet for more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and low volume in your postcard quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a very similar month, Lovely garement I hope you'll make yourself one as well?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am going to have to try those pot holders

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you finished in October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still impressive Debbie. There is a lot going on behind the 'seams'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would call that a great month of finishes, especially by my standards! Besides its all quality- love those pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, I think we put ourselves under too much pressure to produce epic amounts if we happen to have been able to in the past - sometimes things change (for better or worse), and we just have to accept that! I do love what you made though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hexi pot holders would be perfect for the retreat! :) And I love that cardigan. I have been eyeing the pattern and just got it myself. How was it to make? I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt and those maple leaf blocks are really special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's that time of year again! Where we feel like we aren't doing enough. i love what you've been doing, and don't forget the cooking! looking forward to what is next, no matter how much there is :)xx!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice wrap-up. I have a few gift items, as we'll, but they'll remain under wraps until after the holidays. Invisible sewing, I call it.

    I have been pinning those maple leaf blocks as I love them. Yours are terrific, too--Must Do This, yes yes.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that quilt...I think it's the colours in it. So pretty

    ReplyDelete