Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

Lily's Quilts

It's Fresh Sewing Day hosted by Lily's Quilts ~ a chance to look back on our last month's projects, as well as share about projects that really gave us pleasure.

Well, my month consisted of several bee blocks, finishing up the Solstice Star Series, and embellishing the scrappy depression blocks that have been languishing in my stash.

It's also been a month of suspense (defined in Bing's dictionary as enjoyable tension - exactly). Between my project for the Little Quilt - Sew, Vote, Swap Group, which is winging its way to its new owner; my FTLOS2 project, which I'm enjoying  having hang on my design wall until shipping day; and my entry in the Modern Mini Challenge, which I can't share for a few more days . . . well, let's just say it's more secrecy than my life usually contains!

I think my favorite projects this last month were the Little Quilt {here}, which was improvisational and where I fell in love with my hera marker; and my Sparkle Quilt {here} where I, quite honestly, loved what the contrasting sashing did for the quilt. Sooo that's it for February - can't wait to see what March brings!

14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty mosaic and because of you I`ve ordered a hera marker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your variety of February creations, looking forward to seeing what you come up with in March :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work, love that little pouch. im also digging the header, is that new or have i been under a rock? (time passes so fast for me these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made such lovely things in February, and it is nice to see them in a mosaic too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at all of this! you have been busy and all of it is so wonderful! this day always makes me feel a litle bad because i didn't get half the stuff done i wanted to. oh well, just keep sewing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very productive once again Debbie. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'd love to see those blocks make a (3?) quilts: stars, depressions and granny squares.
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a great month for you!! Love all your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your blocks!! My favorite is the second one. I think that block is super!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mosaic looks so great this month, Debbie! And your new header is super fun, too. Can't wait to see what you do for March, maybe let us in on some of those secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all that you made this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for all the wonderful things you made this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your colourful projects Debbie - your granny square blocks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete