Monday, February 27, 2017

QuiltCon 2017

Even if you didn't attend QuiltCon East in Savannah last weekend, if you've been on social media at all, you've seen alot of quilts from the show. It's been great, hasn't it? I've thoroughly enjoyed them all. And just for the sake of history, I'm posting two I had a hand in here on the blog.

photos by Louise Wackerman

First was my Yay or Nay, which hung in the show in the Improvisation category. This one has a pretty personal story, so it meant alot to me to have it included.


The second was Stephanie Ruyle's Direction Optional, a Bee Sewcial quilt, to which I contributed two blocks.

photos by Kristin Ballou

It was very exciting to have Stephanie's quilt win first place in the Group or Bee Quilts division! After having my Mod Mood - another Bee Sewcial quilt - win the same prize last year.... well it was pretty cool!


Anyway, thanks for humoring me. If you haven't seen the collection of winning quilts yet, do take a look! And on Instagram, see all sorts of quilts and good fun under #quiltcon2017 and #quiltcon.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on contributing to a winning quilt. That must have been an exciting moment, learning it had won. Both quilts are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to you! I wish I had gone this year, the quilts are spectacular, all of them. A good friend went & I can't wait to hear her stories. someday I will get there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! really happy for you (and happy for me in getting to see Yay or Nay again)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Your Yay or Nay quilt was spectacular to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on both quilts, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, congratulations on your share in the ribbon! Both quilts are fab, i remember seeing yay or nay when you made it and loving it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations on winning the competition! All the designs look exquisite. I feel sad that I was unable to attend the event but would like to hear all about the event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Nice quilt pattern. Blackand white combinations is most attractive. Though this design is a bit old one but you have done it so perfectly that i still cannot resist of appreciating it. You are good with your work.

    ReplyDelete