Friday, July 19, 2019

Just Walking Along

Jacquie Gering's Walk book has been a resource for me for a couple of years now, and I see her Walk 2.0 is coming 'soon.' Since I'm primarily a walking-foot quilter, I've thoroughly enjoyed finding new designs to try on some of my projects. AND I thought it might be fun to round-up which ones I've tried. So I'll just show a quick glimpse of each, with a link to the full project posts.

Diagonal Grid with Gentle Curves

Echoing In

Boomerang

Diamond Spiral

Fancy Straight Line

Diagonal Orange Peel

Radiating Diamond

Crosshatch Mashup

Sectioned Curves

Tower of Triangles

So I'm well-versed enough on regular straight-line, matchstick quilting, organic straight-line, and a basic grid. But do you have any other go-to walking-foot designs you love? We'd love to here about them in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. You've tried a lovely assortment of walking foot quilting designs. I don't think there are any I don't like, though I have a couple favorites like echoing in. Have you tried walking foot spiral quilting? Perhaps that's not in Jacquie's book (I've never read/seen her book), but spiral quilting is a nice, fairly easy design too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your walking foot quilting is beautiful, Debbie! I'm excited to hear that Jackie is writing another book! My favorite walking foot design is the curved cross-hatch, which is on page 47 of Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - the right article at the right time. Thanks so much :) I was thinking about how to quilt my log cabin quilt and then you come around with all this inspiration. I love the "Fancy Straight Line" idea. It will definitely go high on the list of options. xo Melanie

    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently tried the petal design. Even though the walking foot is used, I was thrilled and surprised at how easy the curves came to be. It's definitely one I'm going to use again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I do my own quilting it's usually with a walking foot. My fav is long wavy organic lines. I prefer that to lots of stops and turns. I also like a good spiral but the 50 x 50 I did it on is about as big as I'd want to go. Right now I'm doing small spirals on a QAYG project where the blocks are about 17" so very doable and quick.

    ReplyDelete