Wednesday, April 8, 2020

2020 Finish-A-Long :: Q1 Finishes

Can't deny I'm feeling pretty darn good about how my Finish-A-Long quarter went. All three of the projects on my list were long-term, so on one hand it was kind of weird finishing them all up in a relatively short time frame. But all's good!

First up was Begonia, a block-of-the-month from Seattle MQG.



There were months and months of HSTs while the design revealed itself. The pattern is by Stefanie Satterwhite, and was alot of fun to do as a group.



Next was my Summer Sampler 2019.



Gotta say, finishing this one was challenging. At 80" x 92", it helped that I chose a relatively simple quilting design of echoing curves, and finished it in good time. Not sure the last stitch was in before hubby claimed it for himself. So that was nice.



And finally.... two years in the making, my Teeny Tiny Trip Around the World.



Absolutely and completely hand-stitched, it was alternately a joy and a burden, but in the end, I am so pleased and proud of it.



So I felt real relief once those three were done. All quite different, but each a satisfying finish in its own way. Now enjoying seeing what else the year has to offer!

11 comments:

  1. What big projects to get completed, and I enjoy the variety in color palettes used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful array of colour and design Debbie! I can see why your husband claimed the Summer Sampler '19- its a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you! Those are three beautiful finishes...very worth of finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Debbie! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such incredible finishes! I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a crazy successful quarter. I love all 3 finishes, but that Summer Sampler is simply WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adventure, congratulations.
    Exciting designs and great piecing, quilting and finishing.
    You're inspiring Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a lot of beautiful quilts finished! Not even possible to pick a favorite, I like them all! :) Enjoy your "empty list". I am already curious what will be on your next one ;) xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job! Great finishes, and I particularly love your Teeny Tiny Trip! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all beautiful. The circle one is AWESOME! Love your work and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Louisa! I really appreciate that!!

      Delete