Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Compass

Well, after weeks and weeks of hand-stitching on my Kantha quilt, I decided another Dropcloth sampler was in order, and this time I chose Compass, the first in a series based on traditional quilt patterns.

I wasn't quite sure of a thread palette as I began, with the design being painted with that bold red background, but it evolved.


Once I was done with the printed design, I decided I wasn't really done....


So I kept on stitching, making it up as I went around the outside of the compass, using three stitches - the running stitch, the backstitch, and the chain stitch. I really love the statement that extra stitching made.



And for those that like to see the back! Can you tell it's not something I worry much about? <grin>


Anyway, this was a fun one, and though I'm busy now with hand-piecing bow tie blocks, I am happy to know there is a new Dropcloth Sampler sewalong coming next week!

3 comments:

  1. This is another gorgeous Dropcloth Sampler! Good for you to be stitching-up so many of them. I love the colors you picked, and your addition of several more rounds on the outside, that make it even more dramatic. Simply wonderful! It's nice to always have something going with hand-stitching. It's just too perfect to pick up during phone chats, book-listening, and nice contemplative time. I'm sure you'll make productive use of time spent on the Dropcloth Sampler Sewalong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture and colors are gorgeous. wonderful stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always--beautiful and inspiring! Ahhh--which way to go? Will the compass show us? good job!

    ReplyDelete