Monday, May 15, 2023

Black and White Stripes

Time for another new Bee Sewcial prompt! M-R @quiltmatters chose the prompt of black and white stripes, and it's been a fun one. M-R asked for 2-4 blocks adding up to the equivalent of two 12.5" blocks, and I found that my blocks kind of decided what sizes they wanted to be. After I'd made stripes of various widths - 1/4", 1/2", and 3/4" - cutting them up was a bit of an experiment each time. I had general 'designs' I was building for the first two; not so much with the third.


So I ended up making three blocks - the top one measures 13.5" x 14", and was inspired by a piece in the pinboard M-R provided for us.

The second ended up being an irregularly-shaped one, which was ok by the block request guidelines, 10.5" tall and 13" wide, also inspired by the pinboard.

Then the third and fourth blocks, 6" x 9" (L) and 5" x 9.5" (R), were created with all the bits left on my cutting table. I originally had planned on sewing them together, but decided to send them as is and let M-R use them how she wishes.

What an enjoyable prompt. Check out the #beesewcial hashtag to see what my beemates are creating too. If I was M-R, I'd be very excited to anticipate puzzling these blocks together.

5 comments:

  1. I love how much movement these blocks create. I think M-R is going to have a lot of fun putting these together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just something about working with black and white. It's such a dynamic combo. Your blocks look great, and it will be a fun quilt to construct!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks exciting, fun with design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always so fun to see the next prompt and what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete