Monday, May 1, 2023

April Fabric Usage

I won't lie. April felt a little sluggish, creatively speaking. As the month began, I basically had too many projects in the works, which is rarely helpful. As I finished the A Neon Moment and Brown Crush quilts, things started to loosen up. Though I'm still plugging along on my Pantone challenge project and the scrappy hourglass blocks, two works in progress feels better than four. And with the deadline for the Pantone looming - May 15! - I'm focusing on getting that one completed soon.

As for incoming fabric, it all had a purpose, and much has been used already. The top fabric in the stack is more Pure Solids Dragonfruit for the Pantone project; the blue and grid prints are for an upcoming bag I want to make; and the Kona Silver, Black, and Acid Lime helped me finish up my neon challenge with Aurifil.

So I'm feeling pretty good about all that, progress has been made, and considering I just found a quilt back for the Pantone project in my stash, and have now pieced 60(!) scrappy hourglass blocks straight from the scrap basket, things are good. I'm looking forward to a quilt finish or two this month, and hopefully starting in on some new projects.

April Fabric Usage
Used up: 15.95 yards
Brought in: 8.00 yards
Net: -7.95 yards

3 comments:

  1. Dragon Fruit is electric isn't it? And I'm impressed, 60 scrappy hourglass blocks, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very impressive for a "sluggish" month! What can you do when you're aren't feeling sluggish!? Ha, ha. But I know what you mean about too many WIPs. I have a half-dozen going, though I remind myself that a couple of them are long-term projects... like years in the making. Still, I had plans to join the Pantone challenge, and am sitting here right now, looking at the fabrics I pulled. That isn't going to happen. I'm using as my excuse that virtual workshops are distracting me from my making plans. In any case, you did a fine job using yardage in April! I think it's a slow-go making use of scraps, but you're proving that it's very doable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your new additions though most often not planned for each other also make up a beautiful pull for a totally different project ;) And congrats on having a big negative number even though you call it a "sluggish month". xo

    ReplyDelete