Friday, July 14, 2023

All the Albersesque

Going through my list of current and upcoming projects the other day, I was reminded that I still need to pull my Bee Sewcial Albersesque blocks into a quilt top. Fortunately, I have an idea for that!! Meanwhile, I thought it would be fun to show off all the blocks I received from my bee mates, each inspired by the work of Josef Albers. First up are my own inspiration blocks.

my blocks


made by Felicity @felicityquilts


made by Karen @capitolaquilter


made by Kari @quiltsforthemaking


made by Leanne @shecanquilt


made by Marci @marci_girl


made by M-R @quiltmatters


Stephanie @spontaneousthreads

Aren't they a fantastic bunch? Like I said, I have an idea for the quilt top, but need to choose background colors and probably order the fabric. I'm really looking forward to puzzling this one together!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a fantastic bunch and that's great that you have an idea for the quilt top. I look forward to seeing these come together into a cohesive whole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's exciting! Variations on a theme, yes. What book do I see open in Felicity and M-R's photos? Thanks for sharing and what background I'm wondering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks are all awesome! I am excited to see how you put it together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool group of blocks! Will be fun to see how you create a quilt top from them. I always enjoy seeing what your Bee group is up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! They sure are a fantastic bunch. The colors and shapes are so appealing. And if I'm honest, they remind me a little bit of Ringle and Kerr's modern quiltalong. Good stuff! You'll have fun putting these all together.

    ReplyDelete