Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Mini Plaid-ish Quiltalong

After making The Plaid-ish Quilt with Erica @kitchentablequilting back in 2019 and then her Plaid-ish2 in 2020, I really could not help but make the new version, The Mini Plaid-ish Quilt, now could I? Besides, my mom claimed the original Plaid-ish, so I am all in for making the new, slightly smaller version, for myself. 

Erica's hosting a quiltalong, where you're welcome to make any of the three versions of the Plaid-ish Quilt. Here's The Mini Plaid-ish Quiltalong Info and the schedule.

Though the quiltalong just started on July 10, I'd been between projects and a couple of weeks ago decided to start cutting scraps for my mini Plaid-ish. I'm using black and gray prints for the dark value scraps, low-volume prints for the light value scraps, and a variety of colorful scraps for the mid value

Honestly, I probably could have paid better attention to value as I was cutting scraps, but I'm taking Erica at her word. "Just remember that you even if your values aren't perfect your quilt will turn out great. I like to prioritize using my scraps over a perfect quilt, but do what works best for you." So that's the route I'm going! I'm deep in a project with a deadline right now, so the Scrap-ish will be on the back burner for a bit. I'm hoping to join in the quiltalong with piecing blocks later in the month.

2 comments:

  1. It must be a three for three ;) And it is a good project to further your scrap reduction. So enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. What a fun along! I love the color combo and values you're going with. And I like your approach to the whole thing... "hoping to join in the along.... later in the month." You're have the right approach! It's not mandatory, nor life-changing, if a maker doesn't follow the suggested sequence of due dates. I just have a hard time accepting occasions when I can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete