Friday, September 1, 2023

August Fabric Usage

After what felt like mediocre fabric usage stats the last few months, I outdid myself in August by buying NONE and using A LOT! The variety of projects made it a very fun month, that's for sure.

I also gifted a pretty good stack of batiks and coordinating fabrics to an IG follower. It was left over from several projects a few years ago, and I thought someone else might put it to good use going forward.

It's been a while since I mentioned it, but I do also include in my tracking the fabric bits (usually smaller than scraps) that I am able to recycle. We are fortunate to actually have a local recycling service that includes 'threads,' which makes me feel better about those bits I do discard. I collect them in a bag until pick-up day, then weigh them, using the method I learned from Jeni @jenib320

So here are my August stats:

August Fabric Usage
Used up: 15.86 yards
Brought in: 0.00 yards
Net: -15.86 yards

I know a couple of quilt backs are waiting to be made in September, but I also have plans to start in on a big commission. I'll be keeping track of those fabric stats separately, but I expect that project to be my focus for a few weeks. Whatever, August has been a great finale for summer sewing.

5 comments:

  1. How nice that you were able to gift the batiks to someone who will put them to good use. And how fun to use up so much in August without needing to purchase any extra fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am the lucky recipient of those batiks! They will definitely be put to good use! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Buying none and using a lot'! Yey! And those batiks do look useful, Kathy will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are indeed awesome numbers! And you made us all curious about your upcoming "secret" commision ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! Yay you! What great output, with zero input. Gosh, you make me realize that I too gave away some fabric scraps, and make dog beds, neither of which I've accounted for in my fabric usage. Hmm... will have to figure out a way to do that, since we don't have a small scale.

    ReplyDelete