So I shared Monday about the kitchen refresh we're having done, and I thought it might be fun to have a related project to work on throughout the process. You've heard of temperature quilts, right? A specific color of fabric is selected for each temp range, and blocks are made each day of the year to record the temperatures.
Well, I'm planning a kitchen remodel quilt, where a specific fabric is chosen for each element of the process. Many of the colors I chose apparently represent those processes in architectural and remodeling blueprints; others more closely represent the actual items in our new kitchen. Below are listed the different components of the job, the color I chose to represent each, and the specific fabrics I'll be using.
Site Prep/Demo – RED [Kona Rich Red]
Structure Changes/Plumbing, Electrical & EVAC Rough-In/Drywall
– YELLOW [Kona Canary]
Red Oak Flooring – TAN [Kona Tan]
Backsplash/Tile – IVORY {Kona Ivory]
Beech Veil Cabinets –NATURAL [Kona Natural]
Matte black Hardware – PEPPER [Kona Pepper]
Countertops – GOLD [Kona Gold]
Stainless Steel Appliances – SILVER [Kona Silver]
Kitchen Plumbing (sink, disposal, faucet) – BLUE [Kona Prairie Sky]
Finish Electrical (recessed lighting, under cabinet
lighting, switches & outlets) – ELECTRIC BLUE [Kona Royal]
Painting – SNOW [Kona Snow]
Completion – WHITE [Kona White]


Oh, this is a great way to track the progress and milestones. Do you think you will try to keep track of the order things are done (via the pieced blocks) in the final arrangement or let them come together in whatever way makes sense in the end?
ReplyDeleteGreat planning!! I'm inspired reading your plan, wow. Good colors too. I'm going along for the ride.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! Your kitchen remodel is going to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteWe're SO excited about it. Thank you!
DeleteWhat a fun idea to mark the progress. I look forward to seeing your new kitchen - and quilt!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool idea! I have one month left of my temperature quilt (equinox to equinox) and it's been a really fun project (and tons of quarter-circle sewing practice in my case) but it definitely seems like a neat thing to apply to other lifecycle moments and projects and things, and to apply in different ways (like you said, not neccessarily a-block-a-day). I know you'll keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteoh good for you! Maybe after my kitchen quilt I'll finally be up for a temp quilt. We'll see! But thanks for the reminder! I haven't made any blocks today and a LOT has happened!
Delete