Friday, July 1, 2011

Fresh Sewing Day

The first day of each month is Fresh Sewing Day, hosted by Lily's Quilts. The purpose is to show something you've been working on the previous month that made you happy. Though small, I think Mini Swoon gave me the most joy.

I have a list of w.i.p. I'm working on, and a quilt-along I've just started, but still I couldn't resist squeezing in a new little project. For me, that often adds some extra fun and motivation to my quilting . . . veering off course for a fun little detour. I'd been wanting to try Camille Roskelley's Swoon ever since I bought the pattern a few weeks ago. When I began seeing photos of Swoon blocks and quilts other quilters were making, I basically got impatient. I had decided to make a little quilty gift in celebration of my 100th post, and had fat quarters on hand (two are needed for each Swoon block), so I decided on a whim to just go for it. I must say, it is a fun block to put together, and finishing at a large 24" was unusual and satisfying. In a matter of a couple of days, I was able to finish Mini Swoon, and am totally smitten. I'll totally be swooning again!
I feel like I've swooned a bit much this week, so if you
haven't seen the completed Swoon, see here.

There are lots of great projects to see at Lily's Quilts and Finish It Up!
Lily's Quilts

3 comments:

  1. Love that purple with the green. Swoon does look like a great block to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the Swoon block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mini Swoon is lovely.
    And slightly belated congratulations on your 100th post :)

    ReplyDelete