Monday, June 18, 2012

Zakka Along Week 12 :: Patchwork Hand Warmers

This week's Zakka project  is a set of hand warmers by Chez Beeper Bebe, and in their original form, have sweet little embroidered faces. I confess, I was relieved that Nova of a cuppa and a catch up... granted permission to change things up, being a bit of an embroidery-phobe of late.

Anyway, I was rummaging around trying to get inspired, when I came across two extra blocks from a table runner I made earlier in the year. Not quite large enough, I added another couple of rows and soon had some colorful patchwork circles. With some Essex Linen scraps as backing, these mismatched little ones were done in no time. Good deal.

Hard to believe we're half-way done with the sew-along! Linking up with LRStitched.

12 comments:

  1. Those have a very bold and modern look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Leanne - bold and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfectly modern, Debbie! Great job! I'm still trying to decide whether to go the patchwork route or embroidery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see some Echo ! You haven't missed a beat - good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great variation! Probably more useful to me than you at this time of year though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're pretty! Still have to start mine, but I think they will turn out a bit scrappy like yours (o:

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how bright and scrappy they are! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I'm still trying to figure out what these are for though!

    On a side note, this post and your use of those leftover patchwork blocks reminded me....your improv table runners that you've made - I recently bought the Fresh Quilting book and only then realized that your runners, which I have admired so much and wondered how they were put together, are constructed exactly the same as my Chrysalis quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, those look wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great! Can't go wrong with Echo fabric =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those turned out lovely!! I can now see the appeal of having warm hands.

    ReplyDelete