Thursday, April 5, 2012

Littles

A sudden whim last evening found me pulling out my pattern for lined drawstring bags - the one by Jeni of In Color Order. I had already made the largest {here} and the smallest {here} of the eight sizes given. But this time I needed a smallish-to-medium one to use as a giftbag for my 8-year-old goddaughter.

A quick glance through my stash, and out came Outfoxed. Perfect.
For the lining I used my fav little hedgehog print. And the ties are made of chevron twill tape that I found at a sweet little Etsy shop, pinked fabrics. (I used 2 yards for this bag that measures 10"x7"x3".) A fun, quick little project.

I also finished up the table runner I showed yesterday on W.i.P. Wednesday. Thank you for your comments. I was a tad too far along to add navy into the mix, as some suggested. So after plenty of organic straight line quilting, I added the navy in the binding.

The majority of the quilting went the length of the runner, but then I went back and did some additional quilting across some of the royal blue 'squares'. It added just the little something extra I was hoping for.
This will be sent off shortly to my cousin, whose colors are royal blue, navy, maroon, gray, and white. She wanted something modern and geometric, and I think this fits the bill after all.


Linking up with TNT ThursdayFinish It Up Friday, One Thing, One Week Challenge, Fabric Tuesday, Made by Me Wednesday, and little quilt monday.

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE your table runner!! I love the straight line quilting- it really give it a modern feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little bags! I really need to make one. Your fabric choices are awesome - love outfoxed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on both of them! Love the tape you used on the bag, think i need to get some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hedgehog print too! The twill tape is the perfect touch.

    The runner looks awesome! I love the way you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drawstring bag!! So fun!! And the table runner looks fabulous, I am sure she will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, the bag is adorable. And the runner, stunning! Really, I love it. Busy, but busy is good and I love the quilting you did. Adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the quilting on the table runner! And I love the bag too, I'm sure my daughter needs me to make one for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both those projects are lovely! I love that ribbon, will check it out and the bit of extra quilting really makes that runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The runner is awesome! I feel like the navy binding really helps tie the bright royal blue in and the whole thing looks so harmonious now. It looks like you have some Oval Elements in the mix - I'm thinking those prints are going to become a staple in my stash.

    The drawstring bag is awesome - Outfoxed is such a cool collection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bag, love the outfoxed and the twill tape is yummy! The runner is really beautiful, I think you nailed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bag is gorgeous and love that twill tape!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd say it definitely fits the bill! lucky her. the bag is lovely too :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the table runner Debbie - the quilting looks amazing. They are all my husbands football team colours too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute little bag! And I love the table runner. The colors are great and I think you captured "modern and geometric" great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the finishes, Debbie! There is so much you can use those bags for. I'm sure your goddaughter will love it. Very cute! I'm sure your cousin will love the runner! Very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The table runner is beautiful! The coral/red bits actually provide a lot of pop. Navy as a binding = perfection. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am addicted to Jen's drawstring bags and would love to make one of every size in her pattern and be ahead of the game just once!

    Your table runner is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That table runner is beautiful! I love the reds with the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the drawstring bag - it makes me want to make some more! Thanks for the link on the twill tape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your drawstring bags, and love the fact that one of yours was featured over at In Color Order Jealous! LOL I love your table runner, I think it is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the drawstring bag but the table runner is just fantastic! I knew it would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like that table runner. It would be perfect anytime but I am thinking.... 4th of July picnic!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your runner is very nice and long, I like long runners. I will have to check that bag pattern out. Have you tried linking on Tuesdays at Quilting by the River? A good site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the table runner ! And I must make a drawstring bag, I have seen them and now I know where to find the pattern : )

    ReplyDelete