Monday, April 30, 2012

Finished

Over the last few days, I've been working on a table runner for my mom's friend. The pattern is "Hollywood Boulevard" by Atkinson Designs, made mostly of French General by Moda. I've used a few of Atkinson's patterns over the years, and find them meticulous and straight-forward.
This runner just seemed to call for some straight-line quilting and a solid coordinating binding to finish.
Hopefully, I'll be able to deliver this project in a few days.

Meanwhile, I anticipate working on several smallish projects this week, more than one under a tight deadline. I've been enjoying your many comments on Saturday's Quilting Modern post, hearing about techniques and projects that are challenging you. If you haven't already, do check out the post and enter the giveaway for a copy of Katie Pedersen and Jacquie Gering's new book, Quilting modern: techniques and projects for improvisational quilts. I've had a chance to look through it closer, and it really is terrific! Have a great day - I'll be back tonight to chose a random winner!

9 comments:

  1. Great runner! Love the straight line quilting and red french General fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your runner is beautiful, I am sure your mom will love it. I love the book, and already have it. Good luck with your deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great runner, I love atkinsons designs, my favorite beginner pattern is yellow brick road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the runner! It looks great in French General fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty runner! I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: You have such a knack for knowing how to quilt things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy. I'm sure your mom's friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a finish, I'm sure your mum will love it :o)

    I'm inching closer to my challenge after I finished my retro flowers top tonight!

    ReplyDelete