Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nip and Tuck

Oh my goodness, friends, the race has been close! I'm talking about the comments suggesting sashing for my 4x5 modern Quilt Bee blocks. {Full post here.} Orange, red, and black were clearly not in the running. Though charcoal was the clear lead with 23 votes, I was awed by the TIE between school bus and tangerine, each with 15 votes. Or if we look at it another way, there were 33 votes for an orange of some kind vs. 34(!) for a gray. Oh my. Now that is close!

So what's a girl to do? Well, I ordered both tangerine - my personal fav of the oranges - as well as charcoal, and plan to lay all my blocks out to make a final decision.
Thanks alot for all your input! What an opinionated lot you all are! haha. Let's just say I've really enjoyed the convo.

To be continued . . .

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, oooh, I have the solution!!! Use them BOTH! In this photo, I love the way it looks in your photo, I bet it would look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm with Elizabeth! Of course I was indecisive enough to have picked both in the first place lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These is never just one way to go when it comes to color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think either would be striking! Is this a quilt you are going to keep for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Elizabeth. Maybe there is a way to use both. One as a background and the other as binding perhaps? You really can't go wrong with either.
    Can't wait to see what you pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i say use the both too! i love the scrappy look it gives to it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have gone with the stats and ordered the winners. Can`t wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete