Tuesday, July 10, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

I don't have any completed projects this week, but do have alot in progress! So welcome W.i.P. Wednesday!

Ongoing projects
Zakka Style Sew-Along project #15 - I'm doing my own thing this week, but I have my bookmark ready to sew up.

4x5 Quilt - Boy, this modern sampler really needs a name before all is said and done. Meanwhile, I got that pieced back done - nothing too exciting, except the main fabric, of course - one of my current favs, Dear Stella's Gridlock.

The blocks' framing is all quilted up quite simply, and now I'm slow but sure, quilting the blocks - some straight-line, some free-motion, something a little different in each block. I've gotten 5 of 20 blocks done so far. It'll be a while.





Storytime Squares baby quilt - The top is done. I didn't find a good backing in my stash, so am waiting for one to arrive - a Vintage Modern floral.

*Picture-Perfect* Polaroid Block Swap NEW - Not sure what I was thinking when I impulsively started a swap last weekend!
the blocks that started it all - 1 untrimmed & 1 trimmed

But things are hopping, and I've got lots of 2 1/2" squares cut out to make my own polaroid blocks to swap and keep.

Upcoming projects
* more Zakka
* QWERTY variation
* a quilt to coordinate with my Christmas tree skirt - Christmas in July??
* scrappy Metrolink
* Plus quilt for my sister-in-law
* Always Bee Learning July block
* EZ Dresden Challenge project - maybe??
* FAITH Circle July blocks
* 100 Quilts quilt to donate

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday where Kati from the blue chair is hosting today.

27 comments:

  1. Nice quilting! You're really stepping out of the comfort zone there. Very adventurous! Love that backing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are turning out great! Love the colors... Now about that swap project, how many squares did you cut??? I like your To DO list - mine is pretty bleak right now: PACK entire house to move before the end of the month. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting looks great! And look at all those polaroids! You won't need to swap, you have plenty of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The polaroid blocks are going to be so cute! That's an impressive amount of squares you've cut!

    You have some great WiPs happening here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice debbie - love what you're up to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the different styles of quilting on your orange and grey blocks - the polaroid blocks are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting looks gorgeous. Fab stuff as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An impressive list of projects as usual! Wow!
    Love all those tiny squares! And your 4X5 quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm using that same fabric for my next quilt back! :) It's so fun, isn't it? I waited a little too long to order it after seeing it and had to get a few separate pieces from various Etsy sources. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of great stuff going on! I don't know what you were thinking on the swap, either. ;) Love the Gridlock backing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are beautiful! I always love your quilts, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all that quilting, the quilt will be lovely. And the polaroids are too fun, I am glad you decided to do the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are some yummy projects you are working on! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking great as always debbie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, Debbie, that quilting looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that 4x5 quilt -- which fabric is that main grayish one? It looks fantastic with the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, too, have a Storytime Squares quilt in progress. I don't remember which blog I obtained the pattern from but the math wasn't correct. I like the pattern though so I'll revamp accordingly. Don't you just love finishes?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh cool, love what you're doing with the 4x5 quilt. Those polaroids are going to be fun too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in love with your tangerine and grey quilt. It's going to be so great when it's finished. I'm so impressed you have kept up with the Zakka projects. That's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some great looking sneak peaks there! Hope you get some completions done this month =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your colour choices! Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've made quite a bit of progress. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whew, busy lady! Looks like you'll have some finishes soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great progress Debbie. I am looking forward to seeing that baby quilt all done up : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your modern quilt...every time I see the blocks, I just love it more. How are things going with the swap? I'm hoping to get going on my blocks here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are always so busy! Love the orange and grey blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. those polaroid swap blocks are so clever....great idea. and your baby quilt is adorable. the pattern is great. i did a large one like this with vintage sheets squares and a linenish fabric.

    ReplyDelete