Monday, February 25, 2013

February Bee Blocks

I pushed it a little tight getting my bee blocks done for the month, but they are ready to be mailed! {whew!}

First up - the Always Bee Learning bee, where we were asked to make scrappy Trip Around the World blocks. I can almost do these in my sleep now, especially since Hettie cut the strips 3" wide! I love these blocks big and Loulouthi! (We were asked to make two blocks, but most of us were able to help Hettie out on her king-sized goal and make a couple more - that's why you see four blocks here.)
Scrappy Trip blocks

Next up was Kelli's Road to Fortune blocks for That Stash Bee. I already mentioned that these blocks really challenged me. Still not sure why. Here's the template we used - this quilt is going to be so cool!
Road to Fortune Block

Road to Fortune Block

And I think my favorite of the bunch this month was Cindy's Winged Square block for the Mid-Century Modern bee. We used the tutorial here. This was a new block to me, and I'm really liking it. You really should peek at all the bee's blocks!
Winged Square Block

And of course it's my month for FAITH Circle. Here's the original post with our plan. And here's a mosaic with all the blocks I've gotten back so far.

Of course I'll be mixing them all up once I have them all. I'm really excited to put this quilt together!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

15 comments:

  1. Road to fortune, that's my favourite! Thank you for the link!
    All the blocks are beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! How do you find out about all of these bee swaps? Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fortune blocks are beautiful - were the paper pieced?

    Love the scrappy trip blocks too. That one photo - is that all 4 blocks placed together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all beautiful but I have to say I LOVE MINE!!!! Thanks so much Debbie. This quilt will be my favorite both because I picked the block and color choices, but because my friends helped me make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blocks, I especially love the Road to Fortune, what an amazing block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't yet joined a bee but hopeful that I will in the near future. I have been doing quite a bit of paper piecing lately and know the challenges angles create. Your blocks look lovely. I can't wait to see how you put together all the blocks for the bee your leading, looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all lovely, and the road to fortune ones are especially pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! I love the Loulouthi, such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your blocks look so amazing. Seeing them all together really illustrates how bees can take us in all different directions. Each block is so different! But they all look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you keep up with all these groups, but as usual you are putting out some stunning quilt blocks!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like all the neutrals for the road to fortune block and I love what's happening with the do. good stitches blocks. Great colors and layout options.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely bunch of blocks Debbie. I am looking forward to making yours. I was involved in a ,ow volume swap last year so I have lots of 5" charms. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Winged block is very pretty--great work!

    ReplyDelete