Monday, November 17, 2014

A Postcard Collection

Have I yet admitted my real passion for postcards? Well, I collect them! To the point that when we used to go on family vacations, we'd send one to the cat. Yes we would! And now that the kids are grown and the cat (miss you Blackie) is gone - well we send them to "Home Sweet Home". haha. It's true!
So when the thought of a postcard quilt came to me last summer, I just had to make it right up.

Then I made a quick and easy block tutorial {here}, shared it, and in response to the positive comments, started up The Postcard Quilt Along flickr group a few days later. Over 30 Postcard Block quilts and other projects are currently in some stage of completion, but today I'll show off all the completed ones so far! {Name/flickr name are below each photo. I've included links to blogposts when available.)





The Postcard Quilt Along
Katrin/makatrin


 Tiffany/t.anne



Postcard Coasters - Bundle 1

Postcard Coasters - Bundle 2

Postcard Coasters - Bundle 2
















Letty/Lettyb; blogged


postcardquilt


Wow! Isn't that something?! I love how folks made it their own - with fabric choices, block placement, and other design details. Perfect! Thanks to everyone that joined in The Postcard Quilt Along! Feel free to keep adding your finished projects to the flickr group, and I'll share more another day.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, you've really started something! I love all of the different interpretations of the postcard block. I may need to whip of some of those postcard coasters.
    And congrats on Little Tinies pattern feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how we inspire each other? You never know what's going to strike a chord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so much fun and I love to look at mine every day! thanks Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are some amazing quilts. I especially like the cursive fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You started something really special. I like postcards too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my postcard quilt - and I've saved the tutorial to make another for an upcoming baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops- hit send too soon!

    Thanks again for sharing the tutorial with all of us and thanks for hosting the quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great ones! I was thinking, oh, that's my favorite. Then no, that's my favorite. Then I lost track!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So many gorgeous takes on the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many gorgeous interpretations of your pattern!! I love them all!! I am even more inspired to get mine quilted & bound!!! Who needs sleep, anyway??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing all of the different "postcards" quilts - such a fun pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun to see everyone's versions...so much creativity, and what a beautiful display! Thanks again for this QAL, definitely one of the most enjoyable projects I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing all the quilts. I'm really drawn to the tropical looking ones. Maybe it's due to all this COLD weather and wishing for the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you sent postcards to the cat! I have to admit to being the worst postcard sender ever, and the worst QAL participant ever too, as I changed my mind on the fabric twice, and promptly made nothing at all *ahem* Other people did a lovely job though!

    ReplyDelete