Friday, March 29, 2013

This and That

Boy, it's amazing how much cool randomness accumulates in the course of a week! Like this informative post from Lee of Freshly Pieced about Threadbias' new Quilt Design Tool. Have you tried it? I really need to, and I even have a quilt block in my head that would like to have a voice. Soon.

Cindy of Live a Colorful Life (awesome blog name, btw!) posted about the Mid-Century Modern bee we are in together. The bee is just a few months old, but we have already made such awesome blocks! March is my month, and I'm really excited about the low-volume blocks I am receiving. Here a pic of them from early this week:
Hugs & Kisses blocks 1-8
Anne/SpringLeaf Studios is also in my bee and wrote about my block and low volume, which I really enjoyed.

I'm really excited about a blog hop my friend Heidi/Fabric Mutt starts on Monday - Girl Friday Sews. Here's a link with all the nitty gritty and Taryn/from Pixels to Patchwork shared some great inspiration already. {I want her mousepad! Better yet, I'll be adding that to my list to stitch up!} And here's a flickr group to watch all the goings on.
Fabric Mutt

A bit ago I showed you two of FAITH Circle's recently completed quilts and here is another beauty by Anita/RhubarbPatch! I love what she did with our Sparkle blocks!
Sparkle No. 2
And speaking of FAITH Circle which is a do.Good Stitches bee, our head bee mama, Rachel/Stitched in Color, put out a call for international members to form new bees, and just happened to share my newly finished hst quilt in her post. Sweet.

And SO exciting was an impromptu call from Becky of Solar Threads! We're blog buddies, and she had mentioned recently that her family might be coming over to Seattle for spring break. Well their first night in town, Becky called having no idea they were staying just 10 minutes from my house. So I ran over to meet up and we had a lovely hour in the hotel lobby, just getting better acquainted and enjoying hanging out in person. Good times.

I'll be linking up with Really Random Thursday on Friday. It works.

8 comments:

  1. Very fun randomness! I have a lot to catch up on! Super fun that you got to meet a blog friend and you definitely need to get to work designing that block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radomly appearing on Friday certainly works, and yay for meeting up with bloggy friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Debbie! I love your low volume blocks that have come in. They're just right together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for mentioning the blog hop, Debbie! I just got a peek at one of the projects from another blogger, and I'm getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coming to your blog! You share such fun stuff. :)

    And I am totally jealous you got to meet Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your low volume blocks, they're really lovely. How nice to meet up with your bloggy friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your quilt in that post, and I love your bee blocks. The blog hop will be fun and it is so great that you got to meet Becky in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for the wonderful visit!! It was such a pleasure meeting you!

    ReplyDelete