Thursday, September 22, 2016

Slab Eight :: Churn Dash

Oh goodness. Matt/odditease, the fearless leader of our guild's improvisational block-of-the-month pulled a fast one this month by suggesting we select an improv adaptation of a traditional block of our own choosing. hmmm.


Hopefully you can tell I chose the churn dash. I tried a few different variations of the block, and am just moderately happy with the finish, which is 30" square. I may revisit it later (read: redo), but we'll see. Just one more month, one more block, and it'll be time to pull this quilt together!

5 comments:

  1. cool! I've been working on a modern churn dash too. will have it done & up on the blog soon (I've been a blog slacker lately)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally tell you worked an improv churn dash. I bet it flows with the other blocks better than you think looking at it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely Churn Dash! Can I say just how much I love the colors? Can't wait to see all the blocks come together, it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really interesting take on churn dash. Please consider your previous post before starting off on a new version because this is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it and can definitely tell this churn dash was your inspiration. I'm with everyone else here and bet it'll look wonderful with all the other blocks. I'm just crazy about the colours you've chosen too and can't wait to see the whole thing! How big do you think the whole quilt is going to end up at?

    ReplyDelete