Wednesday, September 28, 2016

W.i.P. on the Wall

I'm sooo close to batting a thousand with my Q3 Finish-A-Long list, but I think my last w.i.p. is going to take too long. It's my latest Bee Sewcial quilt that's on the design wall right now. All the blocks are here, and I've come up with a basic arrangement I like. Now comes the challenge of not only making filler blocks but also fitting it all together.


I decided to take a look at The Bacon Consideration pin board I'd offered the group as inspiration, and was struck that maybe a pancetta block or two would be a nice addition. So I set out to make one, heavily influenced by a quilt I remembered by from the blue chair. And I loved it.


So I made a couple more and stepped back for a bit.


When I got back to it, I managed a 'bacon bits' filler block (upper left), and relocated one of the pancetta blocks. My original thought was to surround the curves with a background and square it off to meet up with the strip bacon blocks. Luckily daughter dear was over and asked, "can't you just fit the pancetta into the other block?" Duh. Of course I could. [fingers crossed]


Well I managed it, so now, roughly speaking, the upper right quadrant is pieced together. So I'm getting there, but it's challenging me, which means slow-going. But so far so good!

11 comments:

  1. I can definitely imagine that it is slow going, but it's looking great so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight, with the farmers' market bacon that's in the freezer right now. Love what you're doing with these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pancetta blocks were just what the quilt needed to add interest throughout. I love reds and the use of pinkish reds and even purples works well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the round elements look very nice to all the lines in the quilt.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. Totally amazing. Are you going to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only quote Homer Simpson here, "Mmmmm, bacon." Seriously, this is turning out even cooler than I expected when I first saw your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pancetta blocks are amazing ! I love how they really add something to the layout. ps : I'm glad I don't have to draw inspiration from bacon ... I think it's a bit too challenging for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still in awe of this! The inspiration and how everyone tackled it! Bacon...OMG...quilt...who would have ever thought to combine the two?! Just you! Great addition of the pancetta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how you've integrated the blocks. Very impressive, esp. the round one...Looks great! Masterful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete