Thursday, September 1, 2016

Tiny Treasures Basket



When I saw Anna/noodlehead's Tiny Treasures Basket all made up in Carolyn Friedlander's new Euclid, I knew I wanted to give it a try!



I had just added a bit of Euclid to my stash, and it was easy to find a nicely coordinating lining there as well. But before I got started, I needed to gather the rest of the supplies, and first up was a pair of leather handles from Anna's shop. As always, Anna includes suggested vendors for the other miscellaneous items, namely those rivets and a setting tool, which I ordered from MinkusMargo. Then I picked up a leather punch from Amazon, and was ready to go.



This was one of those rare projects where the fabric prep actually took less time than the sewing, even though that didn't take long either. I'm kind of hit and miss with fusible interfacing though, so a couple of my corners aren't quite as smooth as I'd like, and I experienced just a bit of bubbling on the lining fabric - totally my own issues.


But that binding was quick and easy and made a really nice finish to the basket's construction. And when it came to installing those leather handles with their accompanying rivets, whatever annoyance I'd harbored at my construction dissipated immediately. Seriously, this was my easiest effort at hardware ever.


The finished basket is somewhat flexible, but definitely sturdy, and it's a fun shape. And for me, the addition of those leather handles and rivets - and that Euclid! - make it especially fun to use.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely. The tray in that pattern would go a long way towards corralling sewing notions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very pretty basket and the handles are perfect for it - must have a try of that technique. Looks a lot less fiddly than sewing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect basket for all your threads!! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. And what an attractive shape

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty! love those leather handles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great ! I ordered leather handles at Anna's online shop and got them yesterday. I intend to make the tray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie! You made this basket beautiful! I have this pattern too because it looks really good. Why I don't have time to sew so much like you? x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Those handles are gorgeous and great job on the hardware! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful basket Debbie - love the fabrics and the leather handles!

    ReplyDelete