Monday, October 22, 2018

The Improv Issue

The latest issue of Curated Quilts landed in my mail box the other day and I dug right in. There were two sections I needed to peruse before settling in to reading it cover to cover.


First (actually last, as it's at the very end of the journal) was my tutorial on wavy curves, which led to the creation of Window on Improv.


There was also a feature on Bee Sewcial, written by our leaders Leanne Chahley and Stephanie Ruyle. The article shared a good overview of how the bee came to be and how it works. Also, the three quilts I've finished with the group were shown in the issue, two in the article - Mod Mood and Looking Up, and one in the gallery - Baconrific.




If you're 'into' improv at all, you'll love this issue. There's just seriously so much creative inspiration... definitely lots to peruse and admire from our fellow improvisational quilt-makers.

5 comments:

  1. You're right looks like some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the best issue so far! congrats on your features

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot to peruse in those two articles alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First you hooked me with Improv Spikes, and now you're going to hook me with wavy curves.

    ReplyDelete