Monday, October 1, 2018

Slow and Steady



This month found me adding on at least a few squares to my Teeny Tiny Trip Around the World each evening, and that consistency meant I got another two whole rounds on! Obviously each round takes longer and longer now, but slow and steady wins the race.



It's currently about 36" square and I keep saying that my goal is at least 40". No real reason, but I guess it sounds significant in some way. Maybe I'm not quite ready to switch to hand-quilting this piece, so instead I just keep piecing. Whatever. I'm continuing on for now.

11 comments:

  1. It may be a long term time consuming hand project but one well worth doing. So beautiful, the back is as lovely as the front and creates a wonderful pattern in itself, such a shame it won't be seen when it's layered and quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. I too like the back as much as the front.
    There's a lot of stitches going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m so jealous! I need to get back on mine! Yours is so awesome!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Is there any way of making the back the front? It would be stunning! I love the colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely--great color choices...and all by hand--great work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good. thanks for inspiring me and motivating me to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two rounds at this size is a lot of great progress. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! Love each placed round on it. It really inspires me to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how this has grown! You'll know when your done...and I cannot wait to see it! Any ideas how you will quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you mix the colors and fabrics together. Keep going as long as you enjoy it :) And I am looking forward to the next (half) round at the End of Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be so satisfying to see it grow! Love the view of the back.

    ReplyDelete