Monday, October 29, 2018

Twice Around


For the whole last week, I went to bed counting.... How many little squares would I have to sew onto my Teeny Tiny Trip Around the World each day to finish the round by the end of the month? After all that, I sat down Friday night after a long week and sewed on nearly 30! And with that, the second round this month was done.


I'm not sure why I've got a couple of ripples there.... fingers crossed they'll press out when it comes time to baste.


For some reason, though, this month's progress was especially satisfying. In the first new round, I made a pattern of an orange print with solid orange, and that definitely added to the fun.


Swirling the seams isn't too bad these days. It still takes a while, but with just a couple of rounds, the swirls fall into place fairly easily. Pressing them is not my favorite part of this process at all, so I usually do it in spurts.


Anyway, I'm still not ready to stop, so on we go!

10 comments:

  1. Wow!. How long have you been working on this amazing quilt? I cant even imagine doing a project like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the ripple presses right out, too. Sometimes even just storing projects folded can introduce little things like that for us to sort out. I think the print / solid orange round is really lovely. Adding in those variations in the rounds is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a shoe box filled with 1-1/2 inch squares that I plan to do this with. Thank you for the inspiration! I think the back is as interesting as the front is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just such a glorious piece--you have the patience of a saint to do this...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two rounds you added are great! Amazing project and patience xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. it gets better and better with each round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a beast! I'm enjoying this project so much and always look forward to your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous hand work!
    Yes, the orange print and solid orange look great, good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the links, it's very interesting. I will definitely come to the site. New topics for the essays are already here https://papercoach.net/.

    ReplyDelete