Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Meadow

Over the last several months, I've been stitching one Dropcloth Sampler after another, and they have given me so much relaxing stitching time. This latest one is the Meadow Sampler, the first round one of the bunch.

It was stitched completely with #8 perle cotton, with me selecting the colors purely at whim as I went. I've been adding a couple of new spools to my collection every month or so, and this is the first of my samplers that has just a bit of a variegated thread in it. The design measures 7" in diameter and was finished off with a machine-sewn basting stitch until I decide what to do with it. The stitching itself seems to be the point of these for me, so who knows what I'll do with the stack I'm accumulating. Time will tell.

10 comments:

  1. The variegated thread blends in well with everything in the sampler, and I think it works really well here. Do you think you'll be getting more variegated after using it here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Meadow sampler is gorgeous. I've been feeling the call of hand stitching lately. I am now embroidering a set of pre printed baby quilt blocks for a grand daughter. It reminds me of my own grand mother and her great patience in teaching me to embroider. Hand stitching is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty Debbie! I can see four of them making a wonderful display on a wall if you framed them separately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sampler is SO nice! Your stitching is wonderful. I like the bit of variegated thread you added. Just enjoy your stitching. If something is to be made of the pieces, it will come to mind when its time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sampler, so colorful and fun. It would look great in a frame hanging on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stunning - love this whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love having some kind of a hand project on hand for evenings. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow stitching is so relaxing - it is my lifeline in 2020. Your design is beautiful! The variegated thread does add a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making a quilt out of them would be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. This one is SO pretty! You picked colors like a pro. Have you seen the hoop-holders that Snuggly Monkey sells? It's a base that holds an embroidery hoop upright, for display. Maybe something as simple as that would work for you. This would be a great piece to show next spring.

    ReplyDelete