Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February Fabric Usage

Focused on finishing up one quilt, starting another very scrappy one, plus squeezing in a few small projects (a potholder, wristlet, and bee blocks), I managed to sew right through the month and not even give ordering any fabric a thought.

Above is the hourglass quilt top I managed to get pieced. SO not the direction I was headed when I started out, but I definitely let the scraps speak, though I did also include just a couple of small pieces from stash - the floral 'sashing' and the berry-colored setting triangles. 

So now I'm in the middle of piecing a scrappy backing, and already have the binding pieced from leftovers - that feels good! So here are my numbers for February!

February Fabric Usage
Used up: 11.6 yards
Brought in: 0 yards 
Net: -11.6 yards
Year to date: -14.475 yards

7 comments:

  1. Sounds (and looks) like a fun and productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colors of this quilt and the design looks amazing. Fabulous use of fabrics and color and prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done! love your scrappy hourglass quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creative solution. The quilt top looks great! I need to write up my own stats but I am currently buying fabric on mass and not sewing much do to "life"... Congrats on your numbers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how this quilt turned out!! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! You're doing well to have used 14 yards already this year. But then, you're a prolific quiltmaker anyway. Just think... in about 29 days you'll have even MORE time for quiltmaking! Or maybe you have other plans. Travel, perhaps? In any case, I know you're looking forward to it. Such a fun new stage of life to begin soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great numbers! I love how that scrappy quilt looks - that berry colour is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete