Monday, December 5, 2022

Crush

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning, went to look what was new on Instagram, and there was the new KONA Color of the Year, Crush! After having the Pantone Color of the Year announced just days ago, it being a rich Viva Magenta, I was so surprised to see the Kona COTY choice also in the red color family.

After all my work with Rich Red this year, I'm definitely a fan, even with the similarity to Viva Magenta. I feel like there's a little orange in Crush, or hot pink? I definitely recommend glancing at the feature projects on the Robert Kaufman website to see how the makers have used Crush with other colors. So what are your thoughts? Yay or nay? 

2 comments:

  1. I find it very interesting that both companies leaned toward red tone colors. I like it, though. It definitely has some pink / orange / salmon undertone vibes that are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the two colors interesting, too. I like Crush, but not nearly as much as the magenta. It will be fun to see how both of them are used throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete